Leading online travel agency Expedia has recently released its holiday activity report which which has a behavioral analysis of activity preferences of Indian travellers. The online survey was conducted across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad from April 15 to May 12, 2015 and had about 520 respondents. For additional details and findings of the survey, visit this link.
Key findings of the survey
- Travelling with Locals catching up: 31% Indians wish to explore the city with locals and 48% Indians talk and interact more with locals.
- Destination vs Activity: For 33% Indians, it’s the activity that decides the choice of the destination.
- Role of Online Booking: For 60% Indians, booking online is easier. Around 75% of Indians, pre-book their holiday activity (57% – online & 18% – hotel) and only 25% prefer to book it at the venue itself.
- Activities: 30% Indians love indulging in adventure sports and 47% want to discover unexplored destinations.
- Peak Season vs Offbeat: 56% Indians prefer to travel in peak season where as 44% Indians prefer the offbeat season.
- Bangalore leads the pack of offbeat travellers with about 55% preferring to holiday in the offbeat season.
- 36% Indians wish to explore river/sea cruise and theme parks and 34% wish to head to beaches this year. Only 6% Indians wish to visit the deserts and 10% to the casinos and countryside with lakes.
Signup for exclusive newsletter from TravHQGet exclusive weekly updates and insights delivered to your inbox
Loading - Please wait